Request Special Permission (SP) Numbers for Summer 2021
We are very much aware that some (eventually many) of our classes are full (and the stress that this situation creates for students). We are doing our best to get as many students in as possible. Please do NOT email instructors. Please follow the procedure below to request SP numbers for full classes:
- Please DO NOT register for a Special Permission Number before a class fills up. The numbers are not given by first come first serve. They are given by round.
- Do NOT register for sections that do NOT officially appear on WebReg. We will deregister you if you do. And you will lose consideration for SP numbers.
- Starting Monday February 18 12:009m. Use this Web app to request an SP number for a full class for Summer 2021: https://secure.sas.rutgers.edu/apps/special_permission/cs . Make sure you are in Summer, not Fall.
- Watch for announcements below. Announcements will typically appear on Monday, with the new capacity being added that day or as directed by the announcement. Thus, you should only need to check this Web site on Mondays.
- Aside from us adding additional capacity, requests for SP numbers will be handled by course instructors closer to the beginning of the term (e.g., 2 weeks before start of semester)
The Summer 2021 SP system schedule
Round 1: Begins: Thursday, February 18, 2021, 12:00pm
Ends: Monday April 19, 2021, 9:00am
SPN distribution will take place around April 30, 2021
Round 2: Begins Monday, April 19, 2021, 10:00am
Ends: Thursday May 27, 2021, 9:00am
SPN distribution will take place around May 27th, 2021
Round 3: Begins Thursday, May 27, 2021, 10:00am
Ends: Friday, July 9, 2021 12:00pm
Round 3 SPN distribution is open ended and by instructor
- Announcements will appear here usually on a Monday as we need to pass information on to you about registration
- Announcements will appear here usually on a Monday as we need to pass information on to you about registration.