Request Special Permission (SP) Numbers for Spring 2020
We are very much aware that some (eventually many) of our classes are full (and the stress that this situation creates for students). We are doing our best to get as many students in as possible. Please do NOT email instructors. Please follow the procedure below to request SP numbers for full classes:
- Please DO NOT register for a Special Permission Number before a class fills up. The numbers are not given by first come first serve. They are given by round.
- Do NOT register for sections that do NOT officially appear on WebReg. We will deregister you if you do. And you will lose consideration for SP numbers.
- Starting Monday November 4 1:00pm. Use this Web app to request an SP number for a full class for Spring 2020: https://secure.sas.rutgers.edu/apps/special_permission/cs .
- Watch for announcements below. Announcements will typically appear on Monday, with the new capacity being added that day or as directed by the announcement. Thus, you should only need to check this Web site on Mondays.
- Aside from us adding additional capacity, requests for SP numbers will be handled by course instructors closer to the beginning of the term (e.g., 2 weeks before start of semester)
The Spring 2020 SP system schedule
Round 1: Begins: Monday, November 4, 2019, 1:00pm
Ends:Monday November 25, 2019, 9:00am
SPN distribution will take place around December 20, 2019
Round 2: Begins Monday, November 25, 2019, 10:00am
Ends: Thursday January 2, 2020, 9:00am
SPN distribution will take place prior to January 17, 2020
Round 3: Begins Thursday, January 2, 2019, 10:00am
Ends: Wednesday, January 29, 2020 5:00pm
- Announcements will appear here usually on a Monday as we need to pass information on to you about registration
- 16:198:672 will count as a CS elective for undergrad