- 105: Great Insights in Computer Science
- Target audience: Students not majoring in computer science.
- What students learn: How computers work, what computer science is about.
- Topics: Emphasis is on the concepts that form the core of the academic discipline.
- 107: Computing for Math and the Sciences
- Target audience: Students majoring in math or a physical science.
- What students learn: How to program a computer, with emphasis on techniques used by scientists and mathematicians.
- Topics: Programming in MATLAB, working with equations in MAPLE.
- 110: Principles of Computer Science
- Target audience: General.
- What students learn: General survey about what computers are and how they are used.
- Topics: Emphasis is on technology, including computer programming and application packages.
- 111: Introduction to Computer Science
- Target audience: Computer Science majors and minors.
- What students learn: Thinking algorithmically. Software design, programming, testing, analysis.
- Topics: Fundamental computing techniques, object-oriented programming (in Java).
- 170: Computer Application for Business
- Target audience: Students seeking admission to the business school.
- What students learn: How to use computers in the business world. Some structured programming.
- Topics: Spreadsheet software, computer technology, network applications.
|If you are interested in||Consider taking|
|The ideas that make Computer Science a science||CS 105|
|Using computers in everyday life||CS 110|
|Using computers in business, going to business school||CS 170|
|Programming computers as a mathematician or scientist||CS 107|
|Being a Computer Science major or minor||CS 111|