Students should not obtain or provide unauthorized help on examinations. The following rules are intended to help maintain an environment where this principle is maintained:
- Students will not be admitted to an exam without a valid photo ID.
- Students must sit in their assigned seats, and must answer questions in the examination copy given to them.
- Electronic devices, such as mobile phones, calculators, or PDAs are not allowed in the examination.
- Bags, backpacks, coats, etc. must be left outside the exam room, or must be stored in the front of the exam room. Similarly for books and notes, unless explicitly stated otherwise.
- Students will be required to sign an attendance sheet.
- Students may not open their exam until instructed to do so, and must stop writing as soon as instructed to do so.
- Talking during an exam is prohibited.
- Beginning 10 minutes from the end of the exam period, students must remain in their seats until all exams have been collected by the proctors.
Cheating on an exam is a Level Three Violation of Rutgers Academic Integrity Policy, whose minimum punishment is a one-term suspension.