Course Categories (new)
- Two courses (6 credits) of M.S. Category A
- Two courses (6 credits) of M.S. Category B
- Two courses (6 credits) from either category A or category B
- Four courses (12 credits) from the list of courses acceptable for CS graduate credit, including courses from M.S. Categories A and B, acceptable undergrad courses, approved courses in other departments, CS seminars, and independent study. However, at most one of the four courses may be an independent study.
A culminating sequence (6 credits) consisting of:
- Two additional courses from the union of M.S. Categories A and B, plus an M.S. essay approved according to the requirements of the School of Graduate Studies.
- 6 credits of M.S. Thesis research 704, 705, 706 plus an M.S. thesis defended successfully according to the requirements of the School of Graduate Studies.
- 6 credits of 601, 602 and successful completion of the Ph.D qualifying exam in Computer Science. (In this case, the Ph.D. qualifying paper will satisfy the writing requirement of the School of Graduate Studies).