Course Registration and Special Permission
Fall 2017 Registration
Requesting SP numbers: Please do NOT email instructors. We will activate the SP request system once we have complete the handling of SP requests for summer classes.
- 3/15/17 Please double check Fall 2017 classes before registration begins. We have made many changes since the schedule became viewable. We expect to make a few more changes before registration begins
Request Special Permission (SP) Numbers for Summer 2017
We are very much aware that some (eventually many) of our classes are full (and the stress that this situation creates for students). We are doing our best to get as many students in as possible. Please follow the procedure below to request SP numbers for full classes:
- Do NOT register for sections that do NOT officially appear on WebReg. We will deregister you if you do. And, meanwhile, you will lose consideration for SP numbers.
- Use this Web app to request an SP number for a full class: https://secure.sas.rutgers.edu/apps/special_permission/cs/. You need to login using your CS, eden, or rci ID/password. The use of this Web app will allow the department to track unmet demand for our classes.
- Watch for announcements below. Announcements will typically appear on Monday, with the new capacity being added that day or as directed by the announcement. Thus, you should only need to check this Web site on Mondays.
- Aside from us adding additional capacity, requests for SP numbers will be handled by course instructors closer to the beginning of the term (e.g., 2 weeks before start of semester)
- 3/27/2017: We will try to process SP requests for summer classes in the next two weeks.