- Course Number: 01:198:195
- Course Type: Undergraduate
- Semester 1: Spring
- Credits: 1
Discussion of selected topics in computer science.
- Syllabus: https://tinyurl.com/y662w33g
- Video Intro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr_2-ui761M
- Instructor Profile: Sorensen, Lars
- Learning Goals:
Computer Science majors ...
- will be prepared to contribute to a rapidly changing field by acquiring a thorough grounding in the core principles and foundations of computer science (e.g., techniques of program design, creation, and testing; key aspects of computer hardware; algorithmic principles).
- will acquire a deeper understanding on (elective) topics of more specialized interest, and be able to critically review, assess, and communicate current developments in the field.
- will be prepared for the next step in their careers, for example, by having done a research project (for those headed to graduate school), a programming project (for those going into the software industry), or some sort of business plan (for those going into startups).