Course Registration and Special Permission
Fall 2019 Registration
Request Special Permission (SP) Numbers for Fall 2019
We are very much aware that some (eventually many) of our classes are full (and the stress that this situation creates for students). We are doing our best to get as many students in as possible. Please do NOT email instructors. Please follow the procedure below to request SP numbers for full classes:
- Please DO NOT register for a Special Permission Number before a class fills up. The numbers are not given by first come first serve. They are given by round.
- Do NOT register for sections that do NOT officially appear on WebReg. We will deregister you if you do. And you will lose consideration for SP numbers.
- Starting Monday April 22nd 1:00pm. Use this Web app to request an SP number for a full class for Fall 2019: https://secure.sas.rutgers.edu/apps/special_permission/cs .
- Watch for announcements below. Announcements will typically appear on Monday, with the new capacity being added that day or as directed by the announcement. Thus, you should only need to check this Web site on Mondays.
- Aside from us adding additional capacity, requests for SP numbers will be handled by course instructors closer to the beginning of the term (e.g., 2 weeks before start of semester)
- A Special Permission Number will not get you into a course you do not have a prerequisite for. For undergraduate prerequisite override contact firstname.lastname@example.org. In some instances, you may be directed to contact the instructor. For graduate prereq overrides contact the instructor.
- For Undergraduates taking Graduate courses, the procedure has changed. You will request an SPN through the SPN system , contact the instructor to request approval and send an email to Carol Difrancesco email@example.com. The instructors will not be responding until after registration has begun.
The Fall 2019 SP system schedule
Round 1: Begins: Monday, April 8, 2019, 1:00pm (CHANGED 4/8/19)
Ends:Monday May 6, 2019, 9:00am
SPN distribution will take place around June 7, 2019
Round 2: Begins Monday, May 6, 2019, 10:00am
Ends: Wednesday July 24, 2019, 9:00am
SPN distribution will take place prior to August 12, 2019
Round 3: Begins Wednesday, July 24, 2019, 10:00am
Ends: On the last day to add (will be updated when the registrar posts these dates)
- Announcements will appear here usually on a Monday as we need to pass information on to you about registration
- 8/12/19 Due to some system errors SPN numbers were not able to be completed for Round 2 today. These include CS323,336,344, and 352. We will complete them tomorrow 8/13/19.