CS510 Fall 2018. HANDOUTS AND NOTES
Here are some handouts (mostly from undergrad Numerical Methods) that may be useful. (*)
1. Informative Traces of Bisection and Regula-Falsi
2. Comparison of Methods approximating Square Root of 2
3. Some numerical examples illustrating the potential value of Accelleration.
4. QR Factorization Algorithm
5. "Runge's Example."
6. Tchebycheff Interpolation defeats Runge.
7. Cubic Spline Interpolation used in Runge's example.
Some Lecture Notes from previous courses that may be Useful
1. Notes on Nonlinear Equations (6 pgs)
2. Notes on Linear Equation Systems (6 pgs)
3. Propagation of roundoff errors in Gaussian Elimination.
4. Review Sheet 3 - Approximation by Polynomials.
5. Review Sheet - Numerical Differentiation and Integration
Other Notes and Handouts
1. Roundoff Errors in linear systems where A is the Hilbert Matrix (4 pgs)