Awards and Distinctions
- Keynote speaker at the 22nd International Conference on
Architectural Support for Programming Languages and Operating
Systems (ASPLOS), 2017.
- Elevated to ACM Fellow, 2016.
- Keynote speaker at the 2016 International Conference on
Parallel Processing (ICPP), 2016.
- Best paper at the USENIX Conference on File and Storage
Technologies (FAST), 2016.
- Elevated to IEEE Fellow, 2015.
- Keynote speaker at the 29th International Conference on
Supercomputing (ICS), 2015.
- Distinguished lecture at George Mason University, 2015.
- Keynote speaker at the 20th International European Conference
on Parallel Processing (EuroPar), 2014.
- Paper included in the volume about the first 25 years of the
International Conference on Supercomputing, 2014.
- Best architecture paper at the 28th IEEE International
Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium, 2014.
- Paper selected a Top Pick in Computer Architecture for 2013.
- Keynote speaker at the GreenMetrics Workshop, 2013.
- Keynote speaker at the 21st International Symposium on
High-Performance Distributed Computing, 2012.
- Elevated to ACM Distinguished Scientist, 2011.
- Paper selected a Top Pick in Computer Architecture for 2011.
- Best paper at IGCC 2010.
- NSF CAREER award, 2003-2008.
- Best student paper award at PACT 2002.
- Best paper award at SBAC-PAD 2001.
- Honorable mention in the II Compaq Award for
Research and Development in Computer Science, 1996.
- MIT Alewife paper included in the Anthology of the First 25 Years of ISCA.
- Brazilian CNPq productivity in research grant 1995-1996,
- Brazilian CAPES fellowship for PhD studies 1990-1994.