Associate Professor · Computer Science · Rutgers
CV Starr Visiting Fellow · Neuroscience · Princeton
PhD · Electrical Engineering · Princeton
BEng Honors · Electrical Engineering · McGill
abhib at cs dot rutgers dot edu
- Apr '17: ASPLOS
- Nov '16: Dartmouth
- Sep '16: Northwestern
- Mar '16: University of Pennsylvania
- Nov '15: Georgia Tech
- Mar '15: Carnegie Mellon
- Oct '14: Microsoft Research
I build computer systems for datacenters, mobile devices, as well as brain-machine interfaces with my talented PhD students, Guilherme Cox, Ján Veselý, and Zi Yan. I'm spending my '17-'18 sabbatical at Princeton University's Neuroscience Institute, having been awarded its CV Starr Visiting Fellowship. I'm also serving on the ASPLOS '18, MICRO '17, and ISCA '17 program committees.
›› Recent and upcoming stuff.
- AMD has implemented TLB coalescing based on our MICRO '12 paper on its Zen chip; see the 24th minute of this talk for details.
- I've just written a SIGARCH blog entry on the challenges currently facing the virtual memory abstraction.
- We have an upcoming ISCA '17 paper on hardware translation coherence for virtualized systems.
- Our ASPLOS '17 paper on translation-triggered prefetching was nominated for the Best Paper Award.
- We also had a second ASPLOS '17 paper on efficient TLBs for mixed page sizes.
- Our ASPLOS '16 work on memory transistency has been selected as a Top Picks paper and we've released our COATCheck tool.
- Our MICRO '15 paper on large pages for virtualization was nominated for the Best Paper Award.
- Our ASPLOS '14 work on GPU address translation was selected as a Top Picks paper.
›› Students whose theses I have supervised.
›› Selected awards and honors.
- CV Starr Visiting Fellowship, Princeton University Neuroscience Institute, '17-'18.
- ASPLOS '16, '14 papers selected for inclusion in IEEE Micro's Top Picks in Computer Architecture journal.
- Best Paper Award nominations for ASPLOS '17, MICRO '15, PACT '09 papers.
- Research awards from VMware and Google, '13.
- The National Science Foundation's CAREER award, '13.
- Wu Prize for academic excellence, Princeton University, '09.
- British Association Medal for graduating at the top of class, McGill University, '01-'05.
›› Industry collaborators and funding agencies.
- The National Science Foundation.