Associate Professor · Computer Science · Rutgers
CV Starr Visiting Fellow · Neuroscience · Princeton
PhD · Electrical Engineering · Princeton
BEng Honors · Electrical Engineering · McGill
abhib at cs dot rutgers dot edu
- Mar '17: Intel
- Nov '16: Dartmouth
- Sep '16: Northwestern
- Mar '16: University of Pennsylvania
- Nov '15: Georgia Tech
- Mar '15: Carnegie Mellon
- Oct '14: Microsoft Research
I build computer systems for datacenters, mobile devices, as well as emerging brain-machine interfaces and neuroprostheses. I'm designing their hardware and operating systems with my PhD students, Guilherme Cox, Ján Veselý, and Zi Yan. I'm spending my '17-'18 sabbatical at Princeton University's Neuroscience Institute, having been awarded its CV Starr Visiting Fellowship.
›› Recent and upcoming stuff.
- AMD has implemented TLB coalescing based on our MICRO '12 paper on its Zen chip; see the 24th minute of this talk for details.
- We've got two upcoming ASPLOS '17 papers on translation-triggered prefetching and efficient TLBs for mixed page sizes.
- Our ASPLOS '16 work on memory transistency has been selected as a Top Picks paper and we've released our COATCheck tool.
- Our MICRO '15 paper on large pages for virtualization was nominated for the Best Paper Award.
- Our ASPLOS '14 work on GPU address translation was selected as a Top Picks paper.
›› Students whose theses I have supervised.
›› Selected awards and honors.
- ASPLOS '16, '14 papers selected for inclusion in IEEE Micro's Top Picks in Computer Architecture journal.
- CV Starr Visiting Fellowship, Princeton University Neuroscience Institute, '17-'18.
- Best Paper Award nominations for MICRO '15, PACT '09 papers.
- Research awards from VMware and Google, '13.
- The National Science Foundation's CAREER award, '13.
- Wu Prize for academic excellence, Princeton University, '09.
- British Association Medal for graduating at the top of class, McGill University, '01-'05.
›› Industry collaborators and funding agencies.
- The National Science Foundation.