Installing KACE Agent Software for Computer Science users
This instruction is for end users who managed software installation of Rutgers computing equipment. (ie: You have software installation privileges.) If your software installation is managed my LCSR staff, this should already be done for you.
PLEASE NOTE: You must have administrative rights on your machine in order to install the KACE agent.
Please find instructions below for installing the Kace agent on all Science/Rutgers own computer you have full access to.
For WindowsOS Machines
- Please go to \\kbox3.rutgers.edu\client\agent_provisioning\windows_platform.
- Double click ampagent-version-x86.msi to start the install process.
- When the installer window comes up, click the Next button.
- On the next window, Enter: kbox3.rutgers.edu for Server Name.
- Click the Install button.
- Once the installation is completed, click the Finish button and you are done.
For MacOS X Machines
- In the Finder clock Go menu and select Connect to Server and enter:smb://kbox3.rutgers.edu/client/agent_provisioning/mac_platform.
- Once the download has completed go to the download location.
- Double click ampagent-version.osx.all.dmg to open it.
- Double click on the AMPAgent.pkg file that is now shown.
- The next screen will run a program to determine if the software can be installed on the machine. Click the Continuebutton.
- The next screen will run a program to determine if the software can be installed on the machine. Click the Continue button.
- Now you will see the installer window. Click the Continue button to begin the install process.
- On the next screen you are asked to input the name of the KACE server. In the box labeled Server Name, typekbox3.rutgers.edu and then click Continue.
- You will then be shown a screen which has instructions on how to stop and start the agent manually if necessary. Click the Continue button.
- The next screen will display the amount of space the KACE agent will take up. Click the Install button to start the installation process. If a window pops up asking for an administrative account password please type in the administrative credentials (username and password) and click the Install Software button.
- You will then receive a window showing that the installation was successful. Click the Close button to end the install process and you are done.
Uninstalling Kace Agent
For University owned equipment, we recommend that you keep the Kace software running at all time. But for any reasons you decide you would like to uninstall it, please follow this Uninstall instructions.