Last modified: Sep 30, 2017
- Trouble logging in?
- Have you Created or activated your account?
- Have you Set your CS Password and use it to login?
- There are many available machines you can access locally and remotely. Unless there are specific features you need, example: class virtual machine or CUDA chips, they are essentially the same. Try find machines with less Users and lower Load for better speed.
- Check Current Status of CS Resources in case we have bigger issues.
- Guide on setting your java version
Using iLab Machines in Hill 120, Hill 248 and Hill 252
To use CS iLab Machines, we recommend:
- Use Remote Graphical Display, using X2Go client. See instructions on how to do this.
- An SSH client for a remote command line interface like Putty, Secure Shell aka WinSSH .
- A local X-Server (such as Xming or Cygwin on Windows or XQuarts on MacOSX ) and remotely X-Tunnel graphical applications using an SSH client
- Log in directly to a machine located in the Hill Labs (Hill 120, Hill 248, or Hill 252)
- If you have issue with specific machine, please check Status of iLab machines.
Home Pages for Students
- You can setup your own university homepages or iLab home pages. This homepage needs to be stored in world readablepublic_html folder (~netid/public_html) and is accessible via http:// www.ilab.rutgers.edu/~your_netid/