Table of Content
- Introduction to the Computer Science Computing Resources
A brief guide on Rutgers University, Computer Science Computing Resources
- Academic Integrity Policy
Every students must go to this website and accept the term of the Academic Integrity every year before s/he is allowed to use our resources.
- Frequently Ask Questions
A collection of Frequently Asked Questions on CS Resources.
- How To Documents
A collection of How To Documents on CS Resources.
- Accessing Computer Science Linux Desktop using X2Go
This document explains X2Go is program that enable user to access full graphical interface of a Linux system remote ly as if you are sitting in front of your computer.
- How to Connect To Linux Server from Windows using SSH/Putty -YouTube Video
This is a beginner video explaining how to connect to Linux system from Windows using SSH/Putty. Make sure you have an account on the machine you want to login to. All CS users MUST create/activate his/her account before s/he can login. Account is not activated/created for you automatically regardless what you were told by your classmates, TAs or instructors.
- Linux Tutorial - Learn the Bash Command Line
Learn the Linux/Unix command line (Bash) Clear descriptions, command outlines, examples, shortcuts and best practice. 99 times out of 100 new student has troubles with this stuff.
- Introduction to Linux -YouTube Video
This YouTube video is one of many you can watch to familiarize yourself with Linux OS.
- Bash Beginner Guide
A guide to Bash scripting to make your live easier when working with Linux
- The Most used Linux terminal Commands and what they do
Informative page from makeuseof.com describing common used commands in Linux.
- Unix/Linux Command Reference from Fosswire
One page summary of intro to Linux/Unix Command
- One Page Linux Manual (pdf)
Quick printable summary of useful Linux commands.
- Linux Command In Structured Order
Quick reference guide that introduce most set of commands used in linux, broadly based on rhel / centos.
- Introduction to Nano Text Editor
Quick learning curve text editor but limited.
- Interactive VIM Text Editor Tutorial
Your interactive guide to learn VIM Text Editor and more...
- Graphical vi-vim Cheat Seat and Tutorial
Learning vi or vim is not easy. But it doesn't have to be that difficult, either.
- VI Reference Card
Quick printable summary of VI Editor commands from MIT.
- Basic vi commands
Basic vi Command from Colorado State University
- The vi Editor Tutorial
A quick vi Tutorial from Tutorial Points.
- Learning Emacs Text Editor
Your guide to learning to use Emacs and learning more about Emacs.
- Gnu Emacs Reference Card
A 2 pages guide to GnuEMACS, the text editor of choice.
- Emacs Command Summary
A quick reference guide to EMACS, the text editor of choice.
- Learning Java Interactively
LearnJavaOnline.org has a nice interative Java learning tool that get you up to speed on Java language programming
- Learn Java
Codecademy has an excellent resource for you to learn Java Programming very quickly
- Java Tutorial for Complete Beginners
Udemy has free course on learning to program in the Java programming language. This course assumes no prior programming knowledge, just a desire to learn to program.
- Using Python on CS Linux machines
This guide shows you steps you need to do to activate CS python virtual enviroment.
- Learning Python
Codecademy has an exelent resource for you to learn Python language very quickly.
- Intro to Python for Data Science
DataCamp has a free course on using Python for Data Science
- Best Python Resources for Beginners and Professionals
A very nice collection of python language resources for everyone.
- Python & Deep Learning on the Cloud using Google Colab with GPU support
"Colaboratory is a Google research project created to help disseminate machine learning education and research. It's a Jupyter notebook environment that requires no setup to use and runs entirely in the cloud."
- Intro to How C Programming Works
Intro to C Programming from Camden Campus.
- Debugging C using Command Line
A nice documentation describing C debugging and problems with example from Yale.
- Debugging C/C++ Projects in NetBeans IDE
The following short tutorial takes you through some of the features for debugging a C or C++ project in NetBeans IDE.
- Intro to C.
A complete step by step lesson.
- Adding C/C++ Language support to Eclipse for Java IDE
For an Eclipse for Java user, this guide show you how to add C/C++ Language support to Eclipse for Java IDE.
- C Programming.
A comprehensive look at the C programming language and its features.
- The C Book
This is the online version of The C Book, second edition by Mike Banahan, Declan Brady and Mark Doran, originally published by Addison Wesley in 1991.
- Network & Socket programming in C
A good tutorial by CodeProject on Network and Socket programming in C Language
- Assembly Programming Tutorial
Learn basic Assembly language programming using nasm assembly. (pdf)
- Assembly Language Step By Step, for Linux!
A book written to make you learn assembly as your first computer language.
- Introduction to Gnome Boxes
An introduction to virtualization using Gnome boxes
- Beginners Guide to Gnome Boxes
This quick guide shows you how start and run your KVM virtual machines using Gnome Boxes quickly
- Managing KVM Using virsh command line
Basic commands to help you manage your KVM based virtual machine.
- KVM Cheatsheet
A list of KVM virtualization common commands to manage your virtual machines
- How to Manage KVM Virtual Environment using Commandline Tools in Linux
KVM environment management using Command Line Interface.
- Server Virtualization with KVM
Easy to read introduction to Virtualization using KVM from Rutgers School of Engineering Linux Course.
- Android Player (Virtual Android Emulator) for Windows, MacOS
This emulator (discontinued but still works) makes it easy to get the version Android devices you want to emulate. It also support Google Apps, core Apps found on almost all phones and tablets
- Running Multiple Operating System with VMWare Player
This guide shows you how to create and run another operating system virtually using VMWare Player.
An Introduction to Machine Learning Theory and Its Applications: A Visual Tutorial with Examples
This Machine Learning tutorial introduces the basics of ML theory, laying down the common themes and concepts, making it easy to follow the logic and get comfortable with machine learning basics.
A Gentle Guide to Machine Learning
A general overview of important concepts, applications and challenges when working with Machine Learning
A Visual Introduction to Machine Learning
practical and visual example of machine learning
Introduction to Machine Learning
Book in PDF on Machine learning. 234 pages
An Introduction to Neural Networks
An intro to neural network from a talk given at the NSYN meeting in Edinburgh, Scotland, on 28 February 1996
An Introduction to Image Recognition with Deep Learning
learn how to write programs that recognize objects in images using deep learning
Neural Networks and Deep Learning
free online book on neural network and deep learning
- Equivalent Windows software in Linux
RU Lost? can't find your familiar Windows software in Linux? This table will show you equivalent Windows software that are available in Linux. It is available in 7 languages