Course Registration and Special Permission
Summer and Fall 2018 Registration
Request Special Permission (SP) Numbers for Summer and Fall 2018
We are very much aware that some (eventually many) of our classes are full (and the stress that this situation creates for students). We are doing our best to get as many students in as possible. Please do NOT email instructors. Please follow the procedure below to request SP numbers for full classes:
- Please DO NOT register for a Special Permission Number before a class fills up. The numbers are not given by first come first serve. They are given by round.
- Do NOT register for sections that do NOT officially appear on WebReg. We will deregister you if you do. And, meanwhile, you will lose consideration for SP numbers.
- Starting Monday April 30 1:00pm. Use this Web app to request an SP number for a full class for Fall 2018: https://secure.sas.rutgers.edu/apps/special_permission/cs .
- Watch for announcements below. Announcements will typically appear on Monday, with the new capacity being added that day or as directed by the announcement. Thus, you should only need to check this Web site on Mondays.
- Aside from us adding additional capacity, requests for SP numbers will be handled by course instructors closer to the beginning of the term (e.g., 2 weeks before start of semester)
- A Special Permission Number will not get you into a course you do not have a prerequisite for. For undergraduate prerequisite overide contact email@example.com. In some instances, you may be directed to contact the instructor. For graduate prereq overides contact the instructor.
The Summer 2018 SP system schedule
Round 1: Begins: Friday, March 2, 2018, 10:00pm
Ends: Monday April 8, 2018, 9:00am
Round 2: Begins Monday, April 8, 2018, 10:00am
Ends: Monday, April 30, 2018, 9:00am
The Fall 2018 SP system schedule
Round 1: Begins: Monday, April 30, 2017, 1:00pm
Ends:Monday June 4, 2018, 9:00am
Round 2: Begins Monday, June 4, 2018, 10:00am
Ends: Monday August 13, 2018, 9:00am
Round 3: Begins Monday, August 13, 2018, 10am
Ends: Three days before the last day to drop (will be updated when the registrar posts these dates)
- Announcements will appear here usually on a Monday as we need to pass information on to you avbout registration