Course Registration and Special Permission
Spring 2018 Registration
Request Special Permission (SP) Numbers for Spring 2018
We are very much aware that some (eventually many) of our classes are full (and the stress that this situation creates for students). We are doing our best to get as many students in as possible. Please do NOT email instructors. Please follow the procedure below to request SP numbers for full classes:
- Please DO NOT register for a Special Permission Number before a class fills up. The numbers are not given by first come first serve. They are given by round.
- Do NOT register for sections that do NOT officially appear on WebReg. We will deregister you if you do. And, meanwhile, you will lose consideration for SP numbers.
- Starting Sunday October 29. Use this Web app to request an SP number for a full class: https://secure.sas.rutgers.edu/apps/special_permission/cs .
- Watch for announcements below. Announcements will typically appear on Monday, with the new capacity being added that day or as directed by the announcement. Thus, you should only need to check this Web site on Mondays.
- Aside from us adding additional capacity, requests for SP numbers will be handled by course instructors closer to the beginning of the term (e.g., 2 weeks before start of semester)
- A Special Permission Number will not get you into a course you do not have a prerequisite for. For a prerequisite overide contact email@example.com. In some instances, you may be directed to contact the instructor.
The Spring 2018 SP system schedule
Round 1: Begins: Sunday, October 29, 2017, 10pm
Ends: Sunday November 19, 2017, 11:59pm
Round 2: Begins Sunday, November 26, 2017, 10pm
Ends: Sunday December 17, 2017, 11:59pm
Round 3: Begins Saturday December 23, 2017, 10am
Ends: The day before the last day to drop (when that date is released, we will post it here)
ANY student that uses a Special Permission Number that was NOT issued through the Special Permission system WILL be dropped from the course in January or sooner. There will be NO numbers issued outside of the system this semester except for independent studies (01:198:494) which are never distributed through the system.