The Laboratory for Computer Science Research (LCSR) is currently looking for a Student Ruby on Rails Programmer. This position will be directed in the development, maintenance, testings, documentation and cleanup of research applications in Ruby using Rails. This is a programming position. This work is for the benefit of the Department of Computer Science (DCS).
|Starting:||As Soon As Possible.|
|Hours:||Available hours of work are 9am-6pm, Monday-Friday. 10-15 hours of work per week are required during the school semester. 20-40 hours of work per week are available during the holidays, winter and summer breaks.|
|Wage:||Between $12-17/hr depending on skill set.
- Play a key role in the ongoing design, development, testing, maintenance, and deployment of Ruby on Rails applications.
- Potential applications are related to teaching fellow students how to code and supporting digital libraries.
- Ruby on Rails application development (MVC architecture)
- Git/Github for source code version control and collaboration
- Experience developing on Linux (CentOS)
- Experience using and contributing to open source software
- Experience with other languages (e.g., Python, Java)
- Experience with Solr, Blacklight, Redis, Apache and/or NGINX, Docker, XML, JSON, and SQL
- Strong performance in CS-111
- Experience with digital libraries
All work hours must be performed from our office on Busch Campus in Piscataway
If you are interested or have questions, email email@example.com or stop by CoRE 219, Busch Campus.
If applying please include the following:
- A short description of yourself.
- An answer to why you would like this particular position.
- When is your graduation month and year.
- MOST IMPORTANTLY: URL(s) currently accessible on the internet where web pages and applications developed and published by you can be found. This should be similar to an on-line portfolio and demonstrate your work.
- Whether or not you can work over the summer or winter holidays.
- Attach your resume to the email.