The Laboratory for Computer Science Research (LCSR) is currently looking for a Student PHP Software Developer. This position will be directed in the development, maintenance and cleanup of current and new web applications and pages including their design, documentation, implementation, testing and deployment. This is a programmer position for online applications. This work is for the benefit of the Department of Computer Science (DCS) and the School of Arts and Sciences (SAS).
|Starting:||As Soon As Possible.|
|Hours:||Available hours of work are 9am-6pm, Monday-Friday. 10-15 hours of work per week are required during the school semester. 20-40 hours of work per week are available during the holidays, Winter and Summer breaks.|
|Wage:||Between $12-17/hr depending on skill set.
- Web development
- Feature and Bug Issue tracking
- Code version control and workflow
- Participating in code reviews
- MySQL Database interactions including writing SQL queries
- Debugging, enhancing, optimizing and refactoring pre-existing code
- User Interface and Layout Design
- Content updates, additions and deletions
- Review of current web material including the structuring of information
- Graphics work including layout design and image editing
- Development of content management facilities
- Framework or template development
- Much, much, more...
- PHP Experience
- Laravel Framework Preferred
- GIT Preferred
- HTML, CSS, DOM
- Understanding of Object Oriented programming
- Be able to permform work on Linux OS
In addition the following skills would be beneficial, but are not required:
- Any other programming languages
- Web Frameworks and Toolkits, Rails, Zend, Django, Foundation, Bootstrap
- jQuery, AJAX, XML-RPC
- HTML5, SASS, JSON, XML
- Database interfacing, SQL, MySQL
- Apache, Linux
- SOA, OOA/D
- User Interfaces
- Agile Development, Test Driven Development, Event Driven Programming
- Web Graphics and Layout Design
- Print Editing or Advertising
- Any graphics editing tool like Gimp/PhotoShop
All work hours must be performed from our office on Busch Campus in Piscataway
Applicants must be enrolled at Rutgers University. Preferential treatment will be given to individuals with one or more years left of education, but all grade levels are welcome to apply. Both Undergraduate and Graduate students welcome.
TO APPLY please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
- A short description of yourself.
- An answer as to why you would like this particular position.
- When is your graduation month and year.
- MOST IMPORTANTLY: URL(s) currently accessible on the internet where web pages and applications developed and published by you can be found. This should be similar to an on-line portfolio and demonstrate your work.
- Whether or not you can work over the Summer or Winter holidays.
- Attach your resume to the email.
If you have further questions about the position email email@example.com, or stop by CoRE 219 on Busch Campus. NO APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED AT CORE 219.