Accurate face tracking and 3D head pose prediction (shown in top left as a 3D vector of pitch, yaw and tilt) while the face is making various facial expressions as well as out of plane rotations. The 79 tracked landmarks corresponding to the eyes, eyebrows, nose, mouth and face contour are shown as red dots.
- Yuchi Huang, Qingshan Liu, Dimitris N. Metaxas: A Component-Based Framework for Generalized Face Alignment. IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part B 41(1): 287-298 (2011)
- Yuchi Huang, Qingshan Liu, Dimitris N. Metaxas: A Component Based Deformable Model for Generalized Face Alignment. ICCV 2007: 1-8
- Douglas DeCarlo, Dimitris N. Metaxas: Optical Flow Constraints on Deformable Models with Applications to Face Tracking. International Journal of Computer Vision 38(2): 99-127 (2000)
- Douglas DeCarlo, Dimitris N. Metaxas, Matthew Stone: An Anthropometric Face Model Using Variational Techniques. SIGGRAPH 1998: 67-74
- Douglas DeCarlo, Dimitris N. Metaxas: The Integration of Optical Flow and Deformable Models with Applications to Human Face Shape and Motion Estimation. CVPR 1996: 231-238