Research interests: green computing, distributed
and parallel systems, operating systems, security, and
Research Group: PANIC
Providing Green SLAs in High Performance Computing Clouds.
Quantifying and Improving I/O Predictability in Virtualized
Parasol and GreenSwitch: Managing Datacenters Powered by Renewable Energy.
- Optimizing the Use of Request Distribution and Stored Energy
for Cost Reduction in Multi-Site Internet Services.
- DMap: A Shared Hosting Scheme for Dynamic Indentifier to
Locator Mappings in the Global Internet. ICDCS, 2012.
- PlanetP: Using Gossiping
to Build Content Addressable Peer-to-Peer Information Sharing
Communities. HPDC, 2003. To be
republished in "Best
Papers From The Last 20 Years of HPDC", 2012.
- GreenHadoop: Leveraging
Green Energy in Data-Processing Frameworks.
- Efficient Multi-dimensional Fuzzy Search for
Personal Information Management Systems. IEEE
TKDE, Volume 24, Number 9, 2012.
- Reducing Electricity Cost Through Virtual Machine
Placement in High Performance Computing Clouds.
- GreenSlot: Scheduling Energy Consumption in Green
Automatic Configuration Tuning by Leveraging User
Unified Structure and Content Search for Personal
Information Management Systems.
- Capping the Brown Energy
Consumption of Internet Services at Low Cost.
2010. Best paper award.
Le (PhD, 2012, Co-advised by Ricardo Bianchini): A10
- Wei Wang (PhD, 2010, Co-advised by Amelie Marian):
Peery (PhD, 2009): Amazon.
- Pictures of Chris's defense
Nagaraja (PhD, 2005): WINLAB, Rutgers
Matias Cuenca-Acuna (PhD, 2004): Intel
Argentina Software Design Center.
- Zhijun He (MS, 2004)
- Samian Kaur (MS, 2001)