Main interests: green computing, distributed
and parallel systems, operating systems, security, and
Research Group: PANIC
Parasol and GreenSwitch: Managing Datacenters Powered by Renewable Energy.
- Optimizing the Use of Request Distribution and Stored Energy
for Cost Reduction in Multi-Site Internet Services.
- DMap: A Shared Hosting Scheme for Dynamic Indentifier to
Locator Mappings in the Global Internet. ICDCS, 2012.
- PlanetP: Using Gossiping
to Build Content Addressable Peer-to-Peer Information Sharing
Communities. HPDC, 2003. To be
republished in "Best
Papers From The Last 20 Years of HPDC", 2012.
- GreenHadoop: Leveraging
Green Energy in Data-Processing Frameworks.
- Reducing Electricity Cost Through Virtual Machine
Placement in High Performance Computing Clouds.
- GreenSlot: Scheduling Energy Consumption in Green
- Efficient Multi-dimensional Fuzzy Search for
Personal Information Management Systems. IEEE
TKDE, Volume 24, Number 9, 2012.
Automatic Configuration Tuning by Leveraging User
Community Information. ICPE, 2011.
Unified Structure and Content Search for Personal
Information Management Systems. EDBT, 2011.
- Capping the Brown Energy
Consumption of Internet Services at Low Cost.
2010. Best paper award.
Le (PhD, 2012, Co-advised by Ricardo Bianchini): A10
- Wei Wang (PhD, 2010, Co-advised by Amelie Marian):
Peery (PhD, 2009): Amazon.
- Pictures of Chris's defense
Nagaraja (PhD, 2005): WINLAB, Rutgers
Matias Cuenca-Acuna (PhD, 2004): Intel
Argentina Software Design Center.
- Zhijun He (MS, 2004)
- Samian Kaur (MS, 2001)