assistant professor · computer science · rutgers
phd (2010) · electrical engineering · princeton
b.eng honors (2005) · electrical engineering · mcgill
CoRE 306 · piscataway · nj
email : abhib at cs dot rutgers dot edu
- mar '15: university of pennsylvania
- mar '15: carnegie mellon university
- feb '15: indian institute of technology, delhi
- feb '15: intel, bangalore
- dec '14: university of texas, austin
- oct '14: microsoft research, seattle
- oct '14: university of washington
›› about me : i'm interested in building high-performance, energy-efficient, secure, and robust computer systems for datacenters, mobile systems, and cyber-physical domains. my expertise lies at the intersection of computer architecture and systems software (e.g., operating systems, virtual machines, and compilers). i've also recently begun dabbling in technologies for developing regions (with a focus on women's issues and education), and working with high schools to push computer science into their curricula.›› selected awards and honors:
- recent research selected for ieee micro top picks journal, '15.
- research awards from vmware and google, '13.
- national science foundation's CAREER award, '13.
- wu prize for academic excellence, princeton university, '09.
- british association medal for graduating at the top of class, james mcgill award, james mcgill scholarship, mcgill university, '01-'05.
- graduated at the top of class, the dwight school in manhattan, '01.
- check out our recent top picks paper on address translation for throughput oriented accelerators, building on our asplos '14 paper.
- check out our latest work identifying large page splintering as a serious problem in cloud systems employing virtualization.
- i've begun working with the dwight school in manhattan on ways to integrate computer science into their middle and high school curricula.
- our patent on inter-core tlb prefetchers has been granted.