Associate Professor · Computer Science · Rutgers
CV Starr Visiting Fellow · Neuroscience · Princeton
PhD · Electrical Engineering · Princeton
BEng Honors · Electrical Engineering · McGill
abhib at cs dot rutgers dot edu
- Nov '16: Dartmouth
- Sep '16: Northwestern
- Mar '16: Stony Brook
- Nov '15: Georgia Tech
- Mar '15: University of Pennsylvania
- Mar '15: Carnegie Mellon
- Oct '14: Microsoft Research
I build fast, energy-efficient, and robust computer systems for datacenters, mobile devices, and emerging brain-machine interfaces. I'm having fun building their hardware and operating systems with my PhD students, Guilherme Cox, Ján Veselý, and Zi Yan.
›› Recent and upcoming stuff.
- Many thanks to Princeton Neuroscience for awarding me their CV Starr Visiting Fellowship to pursue research on brain-machine interfaces.
- AMD has implemented TLB coalescing based on our MICRO '12 paper in its upcoming Zen chip for desktops, laptops, servers, and CPU-GPUs.
- Check out our two ASPLOS '17 papers on translation-triggered prefetching and efficient TLBs for mixed page sizes.
- Here's our ASPLOS '16 paper on memory transistency, or memory consistency and address translation interactions, and our tool to model it.
- Our work on large page management in virtualized environments has been accepted at MICRO '15, and is a best paper award candidate.
- Check out our recent Top Picks article on address translation for GPUs, building on our ASPLOS '14 paper.
›› Our work in the public domain.
›› Selected awards and honors.
- CV Starr Visiting Fellowship, Princeton University Neuroscience Institute, '17-'18.
- Best Paper Award nominations for MICRO '15, PACT '09 papers.
- ASPLOS '14 paper selected for IEEE Micro's Top Picks in Computer Architecture journal.
- Research awards from VMware and Google, '13.
- The National Science Foundation's CAREER award, '13.
- Wu Prize for academic excellence, Princeton University, '09.
- British Association Medal for graduating at the top of class, James McGill Award, James McGill Scholarship, McGill University, '01-'05.
- Graduated at the top of class, The Dwight School in Manhattan, '01.
›› Industry collaborators and funding agencies.
- The National Science Foundation.