- General: Improved software
development techniques, in areas involving databases
or requirements engineering. Since such systems
maintain models of some (users' beliefs about)
reality, my approach is often based on the use of
knowledge representation and reasoning
techniques/logics. As a result, I sometime
contribute to KR&R research to achieve my goals.
(In fact, see here , under
Awards :-) )
- Current: Description Logics:
import/modularization; similarity; modeling actions,
goals, relationships; referring expressions.
Conceptual modeling. Ontological foundations
of qualities & measurements. Requirements
- 198:336 Information and Data Management
- 198:431 Software Engineering
- 198:205 Discrete Structures
- 198:541 Data and Information Management
- 198:532 Foundations of Knowledge Representation and
- 198:672 Conceptual Modeling and Ontologies
- xxx:275 Prolog(ue) to Artificial Intelligence
Honors Seminar for students not familiar with
. Machine Learning. Full Professor,
Carnegie Mellon University. (Formerly at Bell
Software Engineering. Full Professor, UC Davis.
(Formerly at Bell Labs)
McGuinness. Semantic Web
Tetherless World Senior Constellation ProfessorRensealler Polytechnic Institute (Formerly Stanford Knowledge
Systems Lab and Bell Labs)
- Mukesh Dalal. Serial
enterpreneur, currently at BEA Systems. (Formerly at
An* (U.Toronto). Semantic
technologies, and medical informatics. Associate
Professor, Drexel University.
- Lei Jiang* (U.Toronto)
Data quality. Government of Canada
Ernst* (U. Toronto).
Software Engineering. Software Engineering
Institute, Carnegie Mellon University.
ON THE WAY HERE
Some thoughts on the
meaning/purpose of life I've run accross and found worth